Thursday, May 31, 2012

Disney

When I love something, I tend to become obsessed with it.  I love watching movies and tv shows when I can find the time.  My friends and family tell me on a regular basis that I'm the most annoying person to watch tv and movies with though.  I memorize the whole movie and repeat it without realizing it.  I notice jump cut and continuity errors very easily.  It drives them crazy.  Crazy enough that I wasn't allowed to talk when we watched tv as a family when I was in high school.

Out of the few movies that I own, nearly half of them are animated children's movies.  I love movies in general, but I watch Disney movies over and over again.
My roommate and my (okay, mostly my) movie collection.

My animated movies. 
 The movies above consist of: Peter Pan, Coraline, Horton Hears a Who, The Lorax, Despicable Me, Wall-E, Toy Story 3, The Pebble and the Penguin, The Nightmare Before Christmas and the 8-disc box set of The Lion King.  I've got a problem.

I was planning on giving myself a vacation to DisneyWorld as a graduation present to myself.  I'm graduating from college after 3 years and in that time, I will never have taken more than a 3 week break from school.  It seemed logical that I would go on a vacation after I graduate.  However, my older sister gave me a call last week to let me know that she's been planning my 21st birthday present for the last few months.  She wants to take me to DisneyWorld.  How many 21-year-olds do you know that would want to go to DisneyWorld on their birthdays?  There's just something about "The Happiest Place on Earth" that I will never be too old for.

No comments:

Post a Comment